Ways to use Facebook to Build your Business!January 28, 2011
A lot of us have fun on Facebook catching up with old friends and making new ones, but Facebook can be a useful Business tool if utilized properly. It is great for marketing products and services and connecting with your customers on a level that you were not previously able to. Below are some some helpful tips to assist you with setting up your profile.
- Fill out your profile completely, it helps earn the trust of the people you are connecting with, and help them identify with you.
- Next, setup a Business Account
- Install a plugin on your Blog to feed to your profile to help populate your current news from your site/blog.
- Remember to keep it professional, this is for your clients, you do not want to have too much personal information out there or any pictures that could hurt your business.
- Building on #4, post photos that are appropriate, you do not want, your potential or existing clients to think less of you, you are doing this to get business, not lose business.
- Be sure to get a Facebook vanity URL that relates to your business if available and that is easy for people to remember.
- When creating your marketing collateral, business cards, etc.. add that to vanity URL to your contact lists.
- When posting on Facebook, be sure to mix it up, do not always talk business, or your prospects/friends will ignore your posts. You must infuse a mix of posts to keep people interested in what you have to say or they will stop listening.
- Use the Find Friends option on Facebook to help you locate associates and friends that could help promote your business.
- Posting Surveys is a good way to get feedback from users on Facebook, as well as having contests and advertising discounts stating that they must say they saw it on Facebook.
- Once using Facebook, you can setup Facebook Ads, which is a very thorough way of advertising to a focused group of individuals, it allows you to narrow your demographic to exactly what you are looking for in a client and only advertise to them. It is money well spent, and a lot less expensive than Google Adwords at this time.
- Create a Facebook Fan Page for your Business and suggest it to your friends use it as another outlet to announce services and events for your business.
- And finally, try joining groups that may be relevant to the demographic you seek, it could be good for networking on the site
If you have any further questions about setting up a Facebook page or would like to learn more, please email me or give us a call.