MalvertisingNovember 16, 2015
Remember when pop-up blockers were enough to protect you from malicious advertising? Those were the good old days…
Disguised as a legitimate ad, malicious advertising has become a category of its own. We call it malvertising.
Hackers are now creating ads disguised as legitimate ads.
These are ads that actually look like ads that you would want to click on. Because it’s impossible to distinguish the legitimate ads from the malicious ads, more and more Internet users are becoming victims of malvertising.
And some of them are totally unaware…
- -Keep your software up to date
- -Update your virus protection
- -Frequently back up your data
- -Make sure you are using a strong firewall
- -Don’t open suspicious links or attachments
Consult directly with your web professional about how to set up safeguards and update your systems. The proactive approach is always best.